In conjunction with Chief and Council, the Housing Committee, and Housing Department staff the following principles have been established. These Guiding Principles will remain to accommodate our First Nation Membership:
- Chief & Council has delegated the responsibility for the administration and implementation of the Housing Programs to the Housing Committee and Housing Staff;
- Build safe, affordable and energy efficient housing for our members;
- Develop a proper maintenance program to ensure a minimum level of health and safety;
- To extend the useful life of our existing housing stock;
- Create local employment and provide training opportunities for our members to develop certified trade skills;
- Develop housing for Band Member/Citizens; and
- To promote homeownership by providing eligible members with access to affordable and competitive mortgages through the Market Based Housing Program.