To improve the health and well-being of Whitefish River First Nation community members.
- Deliver primary health care services to the Whitefish River First Nation community members through partnerships with Noojmowin Teg Community Health Centre and Mnaamodzawin Health Services.
- To provide child welfare services to the Whitefish River First Nation community members through partnership with Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services.
- To provide health promotion, prevention, intervention and post-vention services as it relates to improving health outcomes, mental health and addictions services, harm reduction and disease prevention.
- To provide transportation for medical services.
- To augment and support health outcomes through traditional and alternative health interventions.
- To deliver and act on the Community Health Plan as it is developed by Whitefish River First Nation membership and supported by Health Canada.
General Overview of Programs and Services
- Provide primary health care through doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, dieticians, nutritionists and diabetes teams.
- Provide mental health and addiction services through the provision of mental health workers, practitioners, counsellors and traditional knowledge keepers/healers.
- Provide case conferencing as it pertains to child welfare matters.
- Provide harm reduction activities to youth, parents and community members.
- Provide access to and encourage participation of other health interventions that may include hypertension, under/never screened, etc.
- Provide medical transportation services for community members.
- Provide home-making services to eligible community members.
- Provide mental health and addictions services to children and youth.
- Engage in food security, poverty reduction and suicide prevention activities.
- Provide recreational activities for children, youth and adults.
- Provide workshops, community events and presentations on health issues and solutions.
- Engage in health and wellness planning activities.
- Review health infrastructure and human resources.